Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please help me learn how to build a website server

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewk89

Programmer
Mar 28, 2007
US
I am a high school senior, soon to be computer science major at college, and I am trying to learn how to build a website server. I have taken a number of programming courses at my high school, including: Java, C++, VisualBasic, and Qbasic. Currently, I create and manage websites for local organizations, as well as, personal websites through the Adobe Studio 8. However, I have always wanted to learn how to create a login/logout option on the websites. I know that I will learn all of this in college, but I would really like to get some experience before I go - to sort of be "ahead of the game."

Could somebody please help explain how a webserver is set up (I have two computers I can use to set this up, both running Windows 98)?

I'm using the two Windows 98 computers for the server, because they're older. The computer I use for all of my web design is running Windows XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back