Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please Help, I would like to learn MS Access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewStudent

Programmer
Nov 8, 2002
IR
Please help me learn MSAccess database application. I tried several books but I have a readers' block that does not let me pass creating tables in Access. If any body can help me understand or clear my concept about how to create an access application even as small as personal movie/book collection. I will highly appreciate it. I read so many books about it, but I think someone's personal experience might jog my understanding. Thanks! NewStudent

Creating an Access Application is Simple
You only need
1. Msaccess 97 or 2000 installed on your computer
2. some simple knowledge of data base tables and their properties eg primary keys,relationships among tables and field datatypes

then when you start Msaccess it will prompt you for a name of the database, which will be the container for your database objects eg tables and forms

You need to have an idea of the data tables you want to have in your database, based on the type of information you want to capture

access starts with an empty database window and this is where you create your objects from using appropriate tabs.

you will not take more than five days before you create your first tables ,forms queries and Reports. Later you will learn about macros and modules
You can also look at Sample databases that are shipped with Acess eg NortWind Database
At any time you can make good use of the Help Menu option every thhing is there.

wish you a nice voyage

Nkabirwa Sowed Magezi
nkabirwa@netscape.net

A Ugandan Developer for

(1) School Management Information System(SMIS) - Foxpro 2.6 ; Ms-Acess 97

(2)Debt onitoring System(DMS) - Ms-Acess 97

(3) The Loans Recovery System(LS) - Ms- Access 97

(4) The Dry Cleaners System(DS) - Ms- Access 97

Nkabirwa Sowed Magezi:

I appreciate your words of confidence.
I have started working on it already and I am trying to grasp some more knowledge on what should be in each table and how they should be connected.

I appreciate your helpful reply.

Thanks!
Arshad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back