Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please help, domain not available, login problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sampar

Programmer
Jul 11, 2005
CA
Hi,

This is really strange, here is the situation:

Setting the client (under Windows XP Pro) to be connected to the Domain, no problem.

When it comes to login into windows under the domain's account, there is an error message saying that the domain <Domain's Name> is not available. If I try using the domain admin account, no error.

I tried to log with a domain administrator account, and a regular domain user account, under group policies or not, with or without roaming profiles, nothing works except the admin account.

Any1 know why????

Make sure you have the permissions on the domain accounts set to allow logins. Logon as admin, and make sure the group policy doesn't deny access.

Iolair MacWalter

Iolair MacWalter
Director of IT

Hi,

Where do I verify that logins are allowed? Aren't they allowed by default? (I hope so :S)

And there is no group policy on that OU (where the user is), so I can't be it I beleive...

Try that user on another machine. If it gives you the same results, look at the User and his associated GPOs. If not, look at the computer and it's associated GPOs.

Also, check simple things like...
-User account not disabled.
-Password not expired. Sometimes an expired password can give you odd issues.
-If the user works elsewhere, disjoin and rejoin the domain. This often seems to "fix" odd behavior of workstations.

Hi,

verify that IP of the DNS is setted in Network connection....

Ok, I'll verify all this, test and come back to you guys,

thx a lot

That dns idea is not bad but, why could I login with the Administrator account and not with my username account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back