Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please help ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdruhl

IS-IT--Management
Jan 1, 2003
US
If someone could help me with this I would appreciate it very much. I have a Cisco 3000 VPN Concentrator in NJ. I have a Cisco 3002 Hardware Client in England. England can talk to all servers in NJ accross the VPN with no problem. However anyone in NJ cannot talk to anyone in England. How do I fix this?

Can you "ping" the hardware in "Blighty" ? Can you access the 3002 with Cisco's management GUI ?

Rick Harris
SC Dept of Motor Vehicles
Network Operations

I cannot ping the Hardware Client's Private IP (192.168.2.1) from the concentrator. NJ is on a 192.168.1.0 subnet. I tried adding a static route on one of my servers but that didn't work either. I did

route add 192.168.2.0 mask 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.13 -p 192.168.1.13 is the inside of the concentrator in NJ

HW Client is in network extension mode. I will follow the previous artilce and make sure we aren't missing anything. Any other ideas on why this isn't working??

Have you tried pinging any of the computers in England from the console of the 3000. (Under administration->ping) That would help isolate the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back