Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please Help: Apachee and Folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

sboxes

Programmer
Apr 16, 2010
US
Hi.
Please help me. I have Apache 2 installed with PHP and MySql on Windows. This machine has external IP address so you can access it via internet. Here is what I did. I have a folder where I put some files. I have a web page with links to those files to download them. Page itself is password protected.
The problem is: folders where i have those files are opened to outside world. If someone know full path to files they can type it in a browser and get them without entering password for web page.

How do i fix it?

thank you

You need to use some type of authentication on your windows machine. A how-to for apache authentication is here .

-----------------------------------------
I cannot be bought. Find leasing information at

Thank yuo. But can you be more specif what exactly i need to do ? Can you giv eme code and where to put it or what to change and wheere ? I never worked with server before.

Did you follow the how-to and get stuck, or do you just want someone to do it for you?

i am new to this. I would appreciate you if you can tell me exactly what i need to do and where.

All i want is to make folder invisible/inaccessible from internet abd just use my web page with login to downolad files via links.

How do i make folder invisible/inaccessible from internet and still allow files to be opened when someone login to web page and click downlod file ?

I did a google search for apache authentication windows, it looks like the first result give you step by step instructions. It even has pictures. Do you need more help than that?

If the page itself is protected with htaccess, by default it should protect all subdirectories as well

Elad Levy,
IT Project Manager, CISSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back