Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please Help - ADO/DAO and SQL server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanHall

Programmer
Jan 3, 2001
GB
Hi
I am tearing my hair out here as I just cannot get my VB6.0 application using the Crystal RDC to connect to my SQL Server. Iv tryed all types of connection ADO, DAO, ODBC, Data Enviroment etc... and every single method produces the same error message when I run the application - "SERVER NOT YET OPENED".

The books I have talk about the SQL server passing a recordset to the application but I don't understand this.

Please can anyone surgest what im doing wrong of a place on the web where I read up on this.

Thanks in advance

Dean

Dean: You need to Logon to Server before running your application. Make sure your code does this in the correct sequence before accessing the report David C. Monks
david.monks@chase-international.com
Accredited Seagate Enterprise Partner

Dean,

Are you just trying to run a Crystal Report from VB using your SQL as a source, or are you trying to generate a record set in VB and pass it to the report? Two completely different types of connections.

Can you get CR standalone to connect to this server? Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal

If you are using CR8, there is a bug after the installation due the setup program improperly tempering the Registry.

Check this article from the Seagate KB (c2007701) or the "Files and Updates" section. There is a patch to fix the problem. Maybe your problem is due to the same cause, check it out.

HTH. Yours sincerely,
Kelmen
------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back