Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please explain how to set up FRL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a Definity g3SIv9 with several addons.
I have been administering it for about 6 months now, and really love it, but now I have a question:

We are setting up a new call center and our server room is moving to the new building. The building is in a different CO's territory, so we have to change all of our DID's and whatnot. I am currently working on setting up all the new extensions for the people, and want to make sure that everybody has the rights they need, and nothing more. The person who was administrating the switch was fired, and left no notes.
I want to know how to set up the FRL to disallow certain people, such as the CSR's from being able to make long distance calls, and allow other people like the collections people to make international calls. Is this all done in the ars route table area? Thanks a lot.

Welcome to the culb. Are you sure you have to change your DIDs. I don't think you should have to. As far as your FRL go think of them as levels. Say your csr have a frl of 2 any trunk that has a frl of 3 or higher they can not use. It can be done different ways. When I make a route table I put the lower FRL at the end of a route (third or forth down)or you can make routes that only your csr can us. All of this done with your CORs and how they are set up. So many buttons So little time
Thanks All
Phoneman2

Yeah, we have to change the DIDs - cheaper.

Ok, so I knew about FRLs being levels, but what each level has access to is determined in the route table?
Also, is the grp. no. the trunk group number?

I did go look at support.avaya.com - but couldn't find anything reaaallly helpful - I will look at your link though, I could of missed something

Thanks a lot all.

Yes within the route table you have Group/Trunk numbers. Each tunk can have a different FRL number to allow control of who uses it. You can have a different route tables set up just for lower FRLs. You would control what route they would us by time of day routing then Partition Group. The first way is better. So many buttons So little time
Thanks All
Phoneman2

Have you tried looking at "Toll Restriction" rather than FRL's.

Sounds like you're trying to restrict certain numbers and not access to trunk groups.

Max

Two more questions - I tried it and was able to block it from calling long distance, but it gave me the stuttered dial tone - what code is it wanting?
Also, do you all who block long distance calling have a seperate trunk group for international calls? How do you differentiate between long distance and long distance overseas?

Thanks again -

I haven't used Toll Restriction, that might be the way. You can direct traffic to an Int Route with a higher FRL to limit the use. Use the ARS ANA the point Int traffic to that route. So many buttons So little time
Thanks All
Phoneman2

Actually - I didn't use toll restriction - I used FRL and route tables - any idea what the stuttered tone was for?
Thanks

Was it a high low high low tone? If so then its telling the caller he can not make that kind of call. So many buttons So little time
Thanks All
Phoneman2

It was a stuttered dial tone - you know, like when you put in a FAC a lot of times it will give you. It wasn't like a wave off tone.

Klapacious, Try the following command. It's a great tool in helping trace the call routing and perhaps give you an indication as to what's missing.

list ars route-chosen xxxxxxx (where x's are your number dialed)

Good luck!

The stutter dial tone could be because you have authorization codes enabled. If they are, you denied the caller, based on their FRL level, and it is now waiting for the caller to put in their auth code, if they have one. You could also have trunk queueing turned, it's in the trunk group form, and it queued the caller. Hope this helps

Thanks

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back