Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please!!! Connection with password and user id

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Nov 16, 2001
CL
Hi!!!

I have an OLAP connection in ASP Page, I can see the dimensions and measures, but when I code an userid/password (who have restricted permissions) in the string connection, OLAP Server do not recognize these permissions. I have a Windows 2000 Network and I am using its userid/password.

Are there some optional parameters in string connection who force OLAP Server to recognize these permissions?

I will be waiting your response.

Thanks in advanced,

The only thing that comes into my mind is that :
Do you log into the same domain name as the OLAP server. In my case I logged into my own computer (not the domain) and since we have the same user name and passwords on the OLAP server, I could get to the machine and use SQL server for examle, but it didn't let me in. Finally I changed the Roll permissions on the OLAP cube to EVERYONE and that worked for me. As long as you log into your domain name you should have no problem.

Shab

I just sat through a Microsoft webcast about setting up OLAP via. HTTP. Durring the question & answer period, the host mentioned that the User ID & Password in the connection string would be ignored unless the Data Source was a URL (
Don't know if this applies to your situation, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back