Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PLDS licenses for Voice networking (VCE) and PRI channels count issue when applied 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheZCom

Programmer
Nov 2, 2005
US
Hello All,
I recently upgraded a two site IPO 500v2/SCN solution from R9.1.12 to R11.0 FP4 SP4. When I applied the PLDS license to each unit, a strange thing happened--Voice networking (VCE) and PRI channel entitlements/counts came up short compared to what PLDS portal was showing. For example, a 3 x 4 VCE entitlement only came up as a count of "3" (should be 12!) when PLDS xml file sent up to IPO unit. An 8 x 2 channel entitlement only gave 8 addition channels (should be 16). All other license types applied normally. Has anyone seen anything like this? FYI--I am comfortable with PLDS. Thank you! Z

2021-10-18_10-11-44_regykh.jpg

Pri card comes with 8 channels already. This is why you only see 8 instead of 16. For the other one I suggest you open a ticket at Avaya one source. They usually fix errors quick if you give enough information.

Jo the quebec tech
AIPS,ACSS,APSS

JoConnex--thank you for the reply. I'm actually looking for a total of 16 additional PRI (total of 24 with the 8 already on board) since the PLDS entitlement line item is 8 counts of "IP OFFICE R10+ IP500 T1 ADD 2CHANNELS ADI ENTITL MIGR LIC:CU."

Avaya one source is your best chance.

Jo the quebec tech
AIPS,ACSS,APSS

Thanks--I'll post resolution when I get this sorted.

I had the same issue on an 9.0 to 11.0 upgrade a few weeks back. They took care of it pretty quick - just had to provide the XML file from the license migration and the LAC, and they updated the LAC with the correct number of entitlements.

Hello All,
After some back and forth between support teams, the case was escalated to a higher tier of PLDS support and the licenses were re-issued (count mapping corrected). Thank you for all the helpful suggestions. Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back