Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

playing wav's into symposium

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyb123

Programmer
Jul 1, 2003
GB
hey guys....

is there a proper way of playing wav's into symposium? or have I got to butcher a cable? to get the sound played down the phone line?

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

If your Symposium is integrated with CallPilot then you can import wav files using the Application Manager.
But you're probably using Meridian Mail for integration or you would already know that.
So you're stuck with butchery.

Steamer

I opted out of the meat cleaver approach and settled for holding the phone against my laptop [thumbsdown]

any how - not very helpful for you I guess, more of a muffled grumble to myself....[sadeyes]

be interesting to see if anyone can help

Cheers Guys.....

looks like I'm back to twisting bits of wire together again......

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

What are you importing the wav files into? Meridian Mail? A VPS card for a Symposium Express? A MIRAN? (Since Symposium in and of itself does not store these.)
Anyway, trot down to the local Radio Shack. There is a device that lets you record phone conversations, hooks into the handset plug, and from there to another device (like your laptop). Works fine in reverse -- playing wav file from laptop into phone for telephone-recorded type of interface. (And stop holding the laptop against the phone; it just makes people wonder if you've lost your mind!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back