Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Playing sound in NS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiramisu01

Programmer
Feb 11, 2000
SG
Visit site
Hi, <br><br>does anyone has a code for autoloading sound in NS, kinda like Bluemountain.com?<br><br>I've tried using the &lt;embed&gt; object.<br>I've tried controlling it from javascript.<br>autostart=&quot;true&quot; doesn't seem to work.<br>Everything works fine in IE. <br><br>Please help. 8) <p>Jasper<br><a href=mailto:tiramisu01@hotmail.com>tiramisu01@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

I have a similar problem with Netscape, and so did the author of my HTML book!<br><br>I've just a few minutes ago found a site which might provide the info we both need:&nbsp;&nbsp;<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> is lesson 1 of 2 on playing sounds! <br>I got to it via <br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> (also hosts a good HTML quick reference) and<br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> just looking at the sound tutorial's summary page I think it might be a lot of work to play sounds in both IE and Netscape&nbsp;&nbsp;-&nbsp;&nbsp;it all seems to depend on what plug-ins the browser uses and what methods and arguments they need.&nbsp;&nbsp;And I bet IE and Netscape differ in the way they report plugins.<br><br>If you master this, you'll be able to play sound under Javascript control (assuming the browser's got Javascript turned on), which you can trigger from &lt;body .. onLoad=&quot;..&quot;&gt;<br><br>Please post something in this thread if you crack it before I do so I can see how you did it.

<br>Yo Pilcha, no can do.<br><br>Even the reference you gave me doesn't run on Netscape.<br>I really wonder how <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> did it. I ran thru their codes, well, at least those I can see, but I just couldn't find an answer. <br> <p>Jasper<br><a href=mailto:tiramisu01@hotmail.com>tiramisu01@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

I don't see why the embed tag isn't working for you, it works fine on my web site:<br><br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> experiences, this has worked in both IE and Netscape.&nbsp;&nbsp;Maybe you are running&nbsp;&nbsp;an older version of netscape or something.&nbsp;&nbsp;Here's the code:<br><br><br>&lt;embed src=&quot;files/krillinheat.wav&quot; width=&quot;1&quot; height=&quot;1&quot; autostart=&quot;true&quot; loop=&quot;false&quot; hidden=&quot;true&quot; /&gt;<br><br><br>Hope it helps <p>-Pitt-<br><a href=mailto:pitt6969@mindless.com>pitt6969@mindless.com</a><br><a href= Heaven</a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back