Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Play video using DirectDraw and VB.NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

gairs

Programmer
Oct 21, 2003
GB
I'm using VB.NET to write an application which will play an MPEG video file and allow me to overlay some graphics on the video.

If I use DirectShow to play the video, I can't draw any graphics on it. So I am trying to use DirectDraw to play the video, but I'm having some problems.

The only example code I have found is in C++ and uses a IAMMultiMediaStream object to render the video. Does anyone know how to do this using VB??

IIRC there's a sample in the DX8/9 SDK which shows you how to play a video stream as a texture on the side of a cube.

*checks SDK*
Okay so it's not a cube, but a cylindrical cone thing. Anyways, it's the "Texture3D" sample in the DirectShow samples area

The sample uses an .AVI (i believe), but you'd just need to find a video converter for your .mpeg file...

hth,

I have seen the Texture sample, but it is not what I am looking for.

I don't want to render my video on a texture, I just want to play video normally and use GDI functions to draw lines on top of the video as it plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back