Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Play RM, RA, VCD, DVD & MPEG2 ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerllb

Programmer
Jul 13, 2002
HK
First, for playing RM or RA, I know something like using . real G2. It happen in the JMF1.0 but not now anymore. Anyone know how to play?

Second, for VCD and DVD, they are dat files located in a specified location in the Disk. They are encoded in mpeg 1 and mpeg 2 respecitively. How can I play them?

Finally, i know mpeg 2 video are not supporsted in JMF currently. Any codec i can use to play? Please teach me.

Thanks

I am also very interested into a MPEG2 plugin for the JMF Player so that I could play MPEG2 files in Linux environment. The JMF Player can play MPEG2 in Windows since it uses any MPEG2 Codec that you have installed previously on the Windows O/S. So there is not a problem in MS-Windows. But in Linux, although I have installed the mplayer 0.90 in Red Hat 9.0 that supports and plays mpeg2 files, my JMF Player (that works in MS-Windows as I stated previously) this time does not play any mpeg2 file (it plays AVI and MPEG1 happily). Strangely enough it doesn't display any error message while trying to display the mpeg2 video. It just opens a Media window then displays a blank output and does nothing until you close this window. But no error messages. Any suggestions? I have been thinking to either install another MPEG2 decoder under Linux so that maybe JMF could work using the new MPEG2 Linux plugin, or at the same time try to find a MPEG2 plugin for the JMF to make it support MPEG2 Playback anyway. I would appreciate any suggestions on this matter and if you have found any MPEG2 plugins please let me know.

Thank you,
Kostas

Saintk,
How were you able to use native mpeg2 plugin on Windows with JMF? I have a mpeg2 plugin (it came with windvd), but it is not visible from JMF (it is visible to Windows Media Plyer). Any registration is required?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back