Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Play buttons not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

rklalli

Technical User
Jan 22, 2004
GB
Hi,

Not sure how many of you guys may have a Toshiba Satellite S1800-814. I normally use the Tohiba Contol Buttons at the bottom of the laptop (play, stop, rewind, etc) to control Windows Media Player. However, I installed some software called UltraPlayer and then removed it. Now the buttons no longer work. I have called Toshiba and they have told me to do a system recovery using the CD but I'm sure there must be another way to fix this. Also the shortcut keys at the top of the laptop are not working. I'm not sure what may be causing this but am hoping that someone has had the same problem or may be able to advise.

Many Thanks

Greetings.

It sounds like the software your laptop uses to link these buttons to the appropriate programs has been deleted/disabled/corrupted.

You will I imagine need to either reinstall the software it uses (if you can get it) or use the recovery CD.

Which Operating System are you using?

I am using Windows XP Home Edition. Starngely, I phoned Toshiba again to double check and I've now been told that I can download the Control Drivers for the buttons, so hopefully I will find out tonight if it works. WIll post the results tomorrow and thanks for your help.

It worked like a treat!!!!!!!! Cheers for your help and response!

For future reference, I've found that often a "restore" disk doesn't have to be used only for a complete restore. You can often search the restore disk and find only the drivers you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back