Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Play announcement on DID before call is answered

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudecrush

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2007
US
Hello All - I've got an odd one. Personally, I don't think this will work the way I want, but I thought I'd ask:

I've got a Definity G3R. Our sister organization rides on our phone system. For all calls - wither to an ACD or DID, they want to have an up-front "Your call may be recorded..." message.

Adding an announcement line in a vector is easy enough to do. However, I know of no way to attach an announcement to a DID that will play before the call is picked up. In my mind, the only way to make that work is to remove the DID from the station and make it a VDN, point it to a vector that plays the message, then route the call to the station with a new (non-DID) number. That's a lot of work that I'm trying to avoid.

I don't see anything in the station form that allows the playing of an announcement, and I know of no way to modify the call handling treatment on the trunk group page to perform this little stunt.

The only other way I see is to break up our shared dial-by-name/number directory into two distinct directories, with an up-front announcement for our sister organization.

All in all, its only 6 users to modify with a VDN/Vector/Station combo, but I was hoping for a more elegant solution.

Plase let me know if you have other ideas.

you can try to use "agent greeting" on the telephone if they are IP telephones .. it will allow you to play it prior to answering the call and not change your call flow.

just a thought

BoBAz

No dice - these aren't IP telephones - still TDM.

how about using whisper message.. in your vdn?

BoBAz

For the ACD groups, I'm just going to add a line in the vector about calls being recorded. My primary concern is the station DID's - I'm looking for a way to avoid turning them into VDN's, but it doesn't look like there's a way.

sorry whisper is only audible to the agent... but yes it doesn't look like there is any other way that I know of.... 6 vdn's and 6 agents, 6 new stations..

BoBAz

If it's only 6 users - you can do a drop and insert on the incoming call treatment for that trunk group, replace the DID number with a VDN number. On the VDN , set their extension as the variable. Then create a new vector as follows :

Basic? y EAS? y G3V4 Enhanced? y ANI/II-Digits? y ASAI Routing? y
Prompting? y LAI? y G3V4 Adv Route? y CINFO? y BSR? y Holidays? y
Variables? y 3.0 Enhanced? y
01 announcement 2503
02 route-to number V1 with cov y if unconditionally

>mike

ACE - IP Telephony

mikeg826 - Mike: Interesting way to do it. I don't have a variables setting in my vectors, nor do I see how to set up variables on the VDN, either. Is that only available on an IP-system? We're still using TDM.

VDN (DID #) extension > to vector >

Vector steps..
01 wait-time 2 secs hearing ringback
02 announcement 1234 (annouces "this call can be recorded for quality" or whatever)
03 route-to number (station ext) with cov y if unconditionally
04 stop

repeat for others.

With out variables its plain and simple

BoBAz

BoBAz / Mikeg826: I did what you said with a test phone: On the trunk group call handling, I stripped out the 7-digit dial and inserted the VDN number - that did the trick! I should've thought of that. Though I still have to rig up VDN's and vectors, the beauty is that I don't have to change the station DID's. Also - internal callers can call without hearing the message.

Thnaks.

dudecrush -

the Variable can be defined on page 3 of the VDN form

>mike

ACE - IP Telephony

My VDN's only have 2 pages, not 3. Remember, this system is from 1998! Ir's running Communication Manager 1 (release 11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back