Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Play a sound when new e-mail arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0AOZ

Technical User
Nov 6, 2002
GB
Running W2K Pro SP2, Outlook 2000 SR1. If Outlook is run with "normal" or "maximised" window, then I get the "bing-bong" sound alert for new mail. But if the programme is minimised, no sound, just the envelope in the systemtray.

Is this to be expected, or should I get the sound alert irrespective of window size?

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Hi G0AOZ

Yours is quite normal. I just tried with My Outlook XP and having the same thing. When outlook is minimized, i don't heave sound, when it's normal, i hear the sound.

Dunno if there is a way to have it on permanently.

Will check and let you know.

I have XP with outlook 2000 and when outlook is minimized when a new message arrives I get the sound and the message box, even with the screen saver on.
Their must b a switch somewhere to turn this feature on.

Sopman

Well guys, thanks for your input. Now all we need to know is how to "switch on" the sound when Outlook is minimized.

Any takers...?

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back