Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Plasma Screen Burn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2001
GB
How do you get rid of plasma screen burn once it has occured?
I have a presentation running on one continuosly and tried that thing of moving pictures, alternating colours etc but its still happened.

Would putting a blank black screen on it overnight or something like this help?

Thanks

CRTs have a phosphorus coating on the inside of the glass. The 'guns' shoot electrons at the phosphorus and it will tend to become permanent. Some people say that setting the monitor [gently] screen side down overnight while it is running can help. Haven't needed to try it myself.

Its not CRT...its a 42" Plasma Screen....the type you would use in a reception to give visitors a small presentation on the site.

I think the suggestion about setting it down on its side overnight would be a bit too much because its attached to the wall via a mounting bracket.

Any more ideas?

Regards

Can you not just turn it off over night? Why just have a blank black screen on it?. If your not going to show anything on it then surely u can turn it off.... obviously theres probably some reason why u cant? _______________________
Happy to help if i can.
Stretchy [Pipe]

We do switch it off over night, but the burn has still appeared. I think someone forgot to switch it of for one night and its had the bad effect.

My idea about the blank screen is so that hopefully it would put all the screen the same, but that was a long shot...

"Its not CRT...its a 42" Plasma Screen....the type you would use in a reception to give visitors a small presentation on the site."

Sorry, misunderstood. The $10,000 price tag I last saw for one of those cancelled it from my wish list and hasn't been revisited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back