Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Plantronics Headsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxer

Programmer
Feb 20, 2004
US
Hello:

We have the Avaya 6416D+ phones and are using Plantronics amplifiers and headsets with the above phones. It seems that after a period of inactivity, the amplifiers go into some sort of "reduced batter mode" because I have users who are saying that when a call comes in and they press their incalls button, they msut wait abou 5 secs before the other party can hear them. Is there a setting on the phones themselves or on the Definity switch that I have to make to have the Plantronics units remain active all the time? Thanks

We have several large call centers and exclusively use the Plantronics headsets/amplifiers with our 6408d+ phones. I haven't heard of this happening. Do you have HEADSET buttons on the phones?

The Plantronics headset adapters (amplifiers) go into sleep mode to conserve the AA batteries. Pressing either button on the adapter will wake them up.

What model amplifiers are you using? We don't utilize the batteries, we plug our amplifiers in. I didn't know they would go into "sleep mode" to preserve batteries.

I would suggest using the A/C adapters...they are about $7.00 a piece and you will never have to worry about this problem again. It is money well spent rather than taking the time to order and replace batteries all of the time. Good Luck!

We are using the M12 adapters. If you use the AC adapter the sleep feature doesn't kick in.

I didn't know they had a sleep feature. We use M10's and M12's. I guess I learned something today! :)

Thanks!

Dito jbicking

Avaya, Octel, AUDIX, CMS and other fun stuff.

"There is always a way, it may not be pretty but there is always a way."

&quot;I don't have a technical solution to your management problem.&quot; <PeaveyPhones>

P:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back