Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Plantronics H/S Lifters for Nortel 1140 Phones 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVSET1

Technical User
Nov 25, 2008
US
Has anybody experienced a problem with the handset lifters on the 1140 phones?

I have to install over 100 of these "POS" and I’m lucky to get 5 out 10 to work correctly, they keep falling off.
I tried calling, and emailing Plantronics but no response.

I've never understood handset lifters. It's not like you can dial when you across the room.

As for Plantronics - I've never called them and not received an answer. In fact, I've had them send people from Corporate to my offices when I had a problem with many wireless headsets (less than 100).

Write a letter to the President - his name is right here

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | Get the Input/Output Manuals | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

IP Phone 1140E software 06256CJ added in the ability to support USB "headset" devices through the USB port. This is also available on the IP Phone 1120E/1150E. It includes support for the HID (i.e. buttons) on the Plantronics CS50-USB, the Plantronics CS60-USB and the Jabra GN9330E USB. It also supports wired headsets via the Nortel Mobile USB Adapter and the Nortel Destop USB Adapter (i.e. the same adapters used with the IP Softphone 2050). With any of these headsets plugged into the USB port, you can answer/release/mute calls using the buttons on the headsts and without requiring any external "lifter".

As separately noted on this forum, you can also use a powered USB hub and the Algo 4900 USB Analog Terminal Adapter to use an analog phone/fax/TTD.

I agree, It is kind of like building a wheel out of a bunch of cubes.
I have found that the 2 sided tape on the lifters is good for about an hour so find some 2 sided tape (kinda like the stickies that come with shuttle biscuit jacks) and use that.
Use the 3 cubed centimeter pad that comes with kit and stick one cubed centimeter on the 1140 or 1120 hookswitch button.

Good luck is all I can say.

I have several of the CS50s installed on 1140, 3904, and 2616 phones with the lifters and never had one fall off. Maybe you got a bad run of tape or something.

The CS50 USB works great with the usb port and the new firmware.

The only good reason for the handset lifter is the ability to answer the phone when you are away from your desk which is the only reason we install them.

Be careful with the Jabra/GN wireless headsets major battery issues. We replaced batteries at least twice a year on those. The department that uses them is considering moving to the CS50 instead.

No battery issues with the CS50 they seem to last two years or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back