Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Plantronic/Avaya AWH65 & 5410 + EU24

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnlcom

Technical User
Nov 25, 2007
GB
Anyone know how to make this work?

I have spoken with Avaya, Nimans, Plantronics; no one can tell me if I can connect an Avaya AWH56 DECT cordless headset for use on reception at a customer who has requested it.

Problem is the EU24 it appears cannot be connected as the headset base uses the EU24 port on the phone and you can't plug the EU24 back in!

Avaya suggest that the customer stop using the EU24 ...not quite the answer i was looking for!

I must admit I had presmumed that Plantronics and Avaya had thought this through properly and worked out the most obvious person to use a DECT headest would be the RECEPTIONIST!!!!

The receptionist should sit behind here desk and not running around !
Also a EU24 is not needed when she is using softconsole !

So that is why they give you that suggestion

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

The EU lead on the AWH 65 appears to be used only to generate Tone in the earpiece for incoming calls. That is to say, the headset works fine and is controlled either by the phone or softconsole, so long as you hear the phone alert or see the call arrive in an application.

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

PLug the headset into the hesdset port and the only thing that you won't get (as Matt says) is a tone in the ear when the phone rings. If you want that, then connect the supplied microphone from the headset and stick it on the speaker.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Well guys looks like it was a duff headset casue it works now.

I hear you about the softconsole but they aint using it, don't want it, hate it in fact so that's why they bought an EU24.

Still it does work when you have a working unit and Jamie; I had set it up the way you said with the mike and in the first instance no dial tone.

Plugged a new headset in today exactly as you have said and it works fine.

Thanks for all the input though guys as usual much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back