Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Plan opens at wrong date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 18, 2011
GB
Hi Folks

This is really an irritating little problem. I have a skeleton project plan that is kept for creation of new standard plans. The problem I have with it is that although the project start date is set to March 2014, whenever I open the plan the Gantt chart is positioned at January 2012. I have looked at just about every option that looks relevant but can't get it to open in 2014.

Any suggestions?

Kevin

Is there perhaps code in the Project_Open event? You are setting the start date of the project using Project Information - not typing in a start date in the Gantt chart view, correct?

No - there is no code with the plan. All macros are stored in the Global mpt and Project_Open isn't referred to at all
Yes - the date is set using Project Information

:-(

Thanks for the advice Julie .... unfortunately I haven't permission to install updates :-( I guess we'll just have to put up with the irritation until central technology get around to applying the latest releases, assuming I live that long :-D

As a temporary work around try CTRL+Home and then ALT+Home when you open the project file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back