Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Plagued by Javascript Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 1999
US
I am not a java programmer. But I would like to get rid of "JAVASCRIPT ERROR " THAT POP UP OVER AND OVER. GIVE ME SOME DIRECTION on what other information you need. Thanks

well, not being a java programmer won't help you either which way sense this is javascript. [wink]

but, we need to see something like the code to give you any help in regards to errors. They are quite a few of them and without that I would be typing wayyy tooo long to try and go over most of them. [smile] ---------------------------------------
{ str = "sleep is good for you. sleep gives you the energy you need to function";
ptr = /sleep/gi;Nstr = str.replace(ptr,"coffee");alert(Nstr); }

Are you a user who doesn't want to see the pop-up error boxes anymore? And do you use Internet Explorer?

If so, then you can check a box on the pop-up error that will prevent future error pop-ups. Errors will then only appear as a little icon in the corner. (Older versions of IE might not have this option)

Hope this helps!

petey

IE is 6.2. where is this check box. does netscape 3.0
cause trouble ? Thanks

I think it should be right on the error pop-up box itself. On my IE it is checked and says something like "always display this message..."

Uncheck it and the bok should stop appearing.

petey

From IE, go to Tools/Internet Options...
Click on the 'Advanced' tab.
Under the heading 'Browser', find the line 'Display a notification about every script error'. Make sure this is UNCHECKED.

That should solve your problem.

RKM

Rkmarcks, just looked at the above , box was/IS unchecked.
what next? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back