Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

placing pdf in InDesign

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiowD

Technical User
Feb 11, 2008
US
I'm designing a magazine for the first time. I have bunch of ads in pdf files. I need to drop the pdf files into indesign. Do I drag and drop? Place? Or do I need to do something to the pdf files first? Once it's in there, can I save the indesign file into pdf for the printer?

Hi Chiow,

Are the PDF the right resolution ? because if you want to print (or press), the PDF files should have the right resolution.
How are the PDF files generated? i had problems with pdf files that came out MS-word (i didn't know that they were made in MS-word, at the moment i imported :| them)
Bad in will get a bad out..

At the Place function you can set the import options. (show import options)

You can always check if the output is correct in Acrobat Pro.

Hope this helps a bit...
Marcel

Sorry. You didn't really answer the question. I'm assuming of the pdf files are generated probably. Because they had specific instruction to follow. Now, do I just place the pdf file it in to inDesign file? Drag and Drop? That's all? No need to convert the files or do anything special?

Thanks
ChiowD

Hi ChiowD,

If the PDF-files are according to your instructions then there is nothing to do, i guess.
Indesign will handle the PDF-files just as it where other graphics.
Marcel

File>Place (Command D on Mac) is always the best method. Drag & Drop is useful when you are placing multiple pdf's on a single page.

jdguru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back