Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Placing Images in a table?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussOSU

Technical User
Apr 16, 2001
US
I am trying to place some images as a boarder along the top and left side of my webpage. To do this I have created a table inwhich to place the graphics. My delima starts here. For some reason with my graphics in different cells I am unable to get "seamless" or even touching graphics. I have set the column, row and cell spacing to 0 and the paddings to 0 hoping this would fix my problem. No luck. Does anyone know the best way to get these graphics to touch. Lining them up I can do later (I think) I am now looking first to get the graphics at least touching. Thanks

I tried the same thing and didn't have success. I finally created the header I wanted in Fireworks and exported it as one image with several slices.

Well, that is a problem I've been through in the past, specially when using Dreamweaver 3. But in DW4, this problem seems to be solved as, it is more WYSIWYG than 3, and one extra reason for this, is that you can work not only in standard view, but also in layout view. Working in the last mentioned layout, you can't go wrong about what you are trying to achieve. But also in standard view, at least in DW4, I had never have problems when creating such borders.

BUT, if you are using DW3, and cannot switch to DW4, or using DW4, but still have problems, I suggest trying to create a simple one-cell table, with the size you want, and then inserting in that table the table which include your borders, and assign it to have a 100% size inside the single table.

Didn't worked though? well... there is something more to do, although may complex things but only in code view:

Assuming you've done the above (putting the desired table in the sigle cell-table), try creating a table inside the the borders' table (That means, put all the contents in the new last created table, and just leave only the borders to surround the contents' table), put all the data itside that table, and also give this centered table a size of 100%.

I hope this help. If my description is not good for you to understand (maybe I'm not so good in giving someone a solution to understand), feel free to ask anything you want including some wonders you have about my solution, or some clarification too.

if you didn't get bored reading my little solution... :)

alkis,
I've been having hte same frustrating problem - I use dreamweaver 4 and i tried your first solution but i don't understand your second solution, could you please explain it again?
Thanks,
DK919

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back