Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Placing data into Graphs or Charts in reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireViking

Programmer
Jun 29, 2001
AU
Hi all,
I have a report that is not bound to a table or query. I have written all the queries in code to collect the data and fill the report as required. I want to place a chart into the report to snaz it up abit. I placed an unbound chart into the report and set up the properties to display what was required.
It was easy up to this point and then came along the time to place data from the report into the required cells within the spreadsheet(Sheet1). I looked at the properties and help files but couldnt work out how to transfer the data.
I named the OLE control "Chart1"
If someone can give me an idea of what the code should look like it would be muchly appreciated.

Many thanks

To get data from Access to Excel I tend to use:

rs.copyfromrecordset from within access

also, I have started using excel for chart creation as apposed to access as reports are very messy when dealing with charts.

Adam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back