Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Placing calls from an analog station over PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbruce2

Technical User
Feb 20, 2008
US
I'm trying to set up an autodialer using analog station ports through an Analog Station Module and placing the calls over a PRI. I cannot get the calls to go through, I just receive a fast busy after the last digit is dialed. A call can be made over a standard pots line. We have a MICS 5.0. I can't tell if it is a system/software revision issue or if it is an issue with the carrier. I'm looking for any information that might help resolve.

Thanks,

Well 1st the analog extension needs to have access to PRI-A line pool. Prime Line needs to be I/C. Also, the autodialer needs to dial 9 first. Hope that helps

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Hi CTCINY,

Thank you for your response. I had set up a route and destination code of 8 to use the PRI. The digital sets work fine but the analog station ports just return a fast busy after all the digits are dialed. I've made sure that the Prime is set to intercom and that the pool access for the PRI-A is set to yes.

Any other thoughts, please let me know.

Thanks again,

Are you testing with a buttset, and elminating the dialer.

Adversity is Opportunity

I used the same set up for an autodialing system. All I did was have the predictive dialing company add a 9 in front of the numbers dialed. The same as an external autodial button over PRI.

Most of my testing has been with a buttset. Because they have some pots lines for backup, I've left the 9 set to access Pool A and I set up 8 to route through the PRI. I have a software upgrade due in tomorrow morning however I may want to try setting the 9 up as a pri route.

Thanks for the responses. Here's what I found. Newer releases of software incorporate a setting in the ATA settings under Capabilities which gives the option of a telephone or modem. When modem is selected, apparently the Norstar request a higher quality service from the provider, per call and if the service provider doesn't provide the quality needed, it won't handshake and kicks the call back to the Norstar. 5.0 software did not have this option. After upgrading to 7.1 this option was available and selecting telephone allowed the analog devices to place calls on the PRI.

Does not matter, you should still be able to dial out.

Program 2 Intercoms
Access to a pool
Prime line is pool
Hotline is External with a pause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back