Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Placing a Flash file in Powerpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

supamags

Programmer
Jul 8, 2003
GB
HI,

So I can do this with version Powerpoint 2000, but versions after that it gets complicated?

Is there any way of placing an .swf flash file into a powerpoint presentation that doesnt get too technical?

If then my sales guys need to send the Powerpoint to clients do they have to send the .swf file also?

Im sure there has to be asimple way of doing this... is there??

Thanks
Bruce.

Hi supamags in powerpoint click on insert, click on object and click create from file. Browse for the swf file and thats about it. PowerPoint will handle all the embedding for you. When you carry arount the PowerPoint file the swf will go along with it automatically. The user may need the flash player installed on their computer to play the file though.
Cheers.

Hi,

Thanks for this, I wasnt aware of this route. However when I try it I get the message

"The server application, source file, or item cant be found. You should instal the server application"

The file is there so I dont understand why its doing it?

Can I be so rude to ask if I can email you the .swf file and see if you get the same reply?

Thanks
Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back