Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Place report on top 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacko999

Technical User
Apr 30, 2007
GB
I have a Problem with my access database that i have vba that makes my forms full page but because of this the reports i need to open wont appear ontop of these is there any way i could move the reports to the front ? I would appreciate any help thanks

It seems that you are using a pop-up form. How about minimizing or hiding your form in the report open event and restoring it in the report close event? Alternatively, your version of Access may allow you to set the report's properties to pop-up.

Thanks for your help :D Got the Problem Sorted Now

Ok There is a Slight Problem that for one of my reports i need to enter the parameter for my query but the box to enter this will no longer show up

After Shutting Down my database and re opening it now the repots wont open I recive an error message saying this:
ohno.jpg

Does the sub look like this (?):

Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)

If you are missing (Cancel As Integer), you will get the above error.

Yeah Thats it thanks for all your help :D

Chris :D

i decided to go with the minimise version but now i have a problem that my query parimeter entry box appears it appears under any windows i have open and then my report opens minimised anyone know how i can do this??

You could use a small form or a textbox on the main form form for parameters. Either could be referenced in the query for the report.

i need the forms to be full page so i just wouldlike the report to open not minimised and the input box on top is it even possible??

Is your main form both pop-up and modal, or is it only pop-up? Is your main form code something like:

[tt]DoCmd.Minimize 'Main form
DoCmd.OpenReport "rptReport", acViewPreview[/tt]

just pop u i think and yeah thats pretty much my code any ideas???

I have tried the above with a pop-up form and a report with a parameter box, and it works for me. How about trying an outline version in a scratch database?

my report is not set to pop up as in 2000 it wont let me :s i dont understand what u ment by the last bit could you please explain

I mean create a test database with a maximized pop-up form, a query with a parameter, and a report. They can all be very simple: a table with one or two fields and records, a form that just has a button with the above code, and so on.

ok thanks tryed it i found the problem and is fixed thanks a lot for all your help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back