Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Place Calendar Control value into combo box to search

Status
Not open for further replies.

rccs1

Programmer
May 19, 2007
AU
Can anyone help me.
I have a combo box looking up a table which has following fields-
BookingID
Date
Room
The BookingID field is hidden in the combo box so the user types the date in the box to lookup the room.
Howver to ensure the date is entered in correctly, I want to use the calendar form pop up where the user selects the date from the calendar and places it into the combo box to search the room. I have tried .column(1) with no success.

Thank you

From what it sounds like if you are wanting to show the date that is selected on the calendar you will have to assign the value of the corresponding BookingID to your combo box. This sounds kind of complicated the way you have it.

I guess I need to back up and ask...

Is the combo box bound to a field in a table?
If so, do you save the date of the id in the bound field?

ProDev, MS Access Applications
Visit me at ==>
May God bless you beyond your imagination!!!

Thanks Lonnie.
Yes the combo box is bound to a table by the BookingID field. Not the date. The date is the second column. eg.

Column 1 Column 2 Column3
Booking Id Date Room
Hidden/Bound Search

The combo box is a search facility on the form to find specific records for the subform. Similar to having a combo box for searching names and then selecting the name to show the details of the name on the rest of the form.

Hope this helps.

Why not skip the combo box and just use a calendar control? When the user clicks a date, you have code that goes to your table and get's the corresponding record and shows it on the form. If there is not record for the date, you can give them a message that does such.

They you only have one action that the user performs which is the clicking of the calender.

ProDev, MS Access Applications
Visit me at ==>
May God bless you beyond your imagination!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back