Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pizza toppings priced by pizza size

Status
Not open for further replies.

elindsey

Programmer
Aug 3, 2014
US
The Size, Crust, and Toppings modifier groups are set properly in the Pizza item, but how can I make the individual toppings (Toppings modifier group members) be $1.49 for a 12" (Size modifier group item) and $1.99 for a 16" (Size modifier group item)?

Create 3 different modifier groups with the prices, and then assign them to the correct pizza sizes

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
We answer when they don't
reddit : rossabout

I'm a bit confused Ross, the Pizza flow required 3 modifiers on the base item, one for Size, one for Crust, and one for Toppings. This seems to imply to me that I can't use the Pizza UI (it would have to be a traditional item UI screen flow) to do what you're talking about, unless I'm misunderstanding somehow. BTW, thanks for your quick reply!

Setup as a panel with smart items. You will then be able to get exactly as want.
First set the size as smart select and then set the pizzas as the items with the different price points
Then select the pizza with first mod as crust, second mod topping.

If you have not used smart panels before this will see confusing

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
We answer when they don't
reddit : rossabout

I have not used smart panels before, nor have I ever heard of them. Are they a new feature, only in newer versions of Aloha? Can you show me in the reference manual what you are talking about?

I have a location that is already using the standard Pizza UI, and to get their Aloha system on the same page as their menu pricing, I just need to be able to set the topping price based on the size selected. Is the only option (using the flow everyone is already used to) really going to require me to implement a promo to discount the toppings when used together with a specific size?

Looks like the feature you are talking about was introduced in TS6.4. I'll look into this, but it would really be nice to do it with the pizza layout they are already used to.

You have to set up each topping with a price for each size. I have 4 sizes so I have 4 sets of identical toppings except the price is different for each size

Hope this helps

@lowerycharlie this is what I am looking for, but I don't think it works with the Pizza UI. With the screen flow that has the buttons for left half/right half/whole pie. Are you using a regular product & screen for your pizzas, or are you using the Pizza UI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back