Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pizza help with Aloha

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffnLR

Technical User
Apr 8, 2012
US
Hello and thanks for any help. I am trying to use the pizza features in aloha for the first time and im having trouble understanding how it works. It seems it all connects to the pizza tab under store settings, the pizza button seems to need to be connected to a category and the left half and right half buttons seem to need to be connected to a item. Im just not seeing how this works. Do the left/right half buttons go to an item that i connect a modifier to and somehow it changes it up to the pizza modifier?

Thanks for any help
Jeff

Its been a while, but it works like this if I remember right.

Create a pizza catagory
turn on pizza somewhere in manager and point it to the pizza catagory
create 3 modifier groups crust topping and sauce or something
create modifiers in the item list only for the pizzas and assign to the pizza catagory, do not share modifiers, even if there is duplication with things like mushrooms

Copied from manual:
1. Create items to define the guest check and kitchen chit labels for right-half and left-half toppings.
For example, use '* Right Half *' and '* Left Half *'.
2. Create items for each pizza size (for example, Small, Medium, and Large), and add them to a pizza
size modifier group.
3. Create items for each pizza crust (for example, Thin, Thick, and Pan), and add them to a pizza crust
modifier group.
4. Create items for each pizza topping (for example, Beef, Ham, and Onions), and add them to a pizza
toppings modifier group. Screen flow options are not required; the pizza modifier functionality sets
this for you.
5. Create items for each type of pizza (for example, Regular, Meat Lovers, and Veggie Lovers), and
add the pizza size modifier group as modifier one, the pizza crust modifier group to modifier 2, and
the pizza toppings modifier group to modifier 3.
The size, crust, and toppings modifier groups must be in the correct order and assigned to modifiers one,
two, and three.
1. Create a 'Pizza' Sales or Non-sales category, and add the pizzas created in Step 5 to it. The items in
this category, when placed on a submenu or panel, invoke the pizza modifiers screen.
2. Add the pizza items created in Step 5 to submenus (in TableService) or panels (In QuickService),
and assign the submenus to menus or panels to screens.
3. In version 4.4 and lower, open Maintenance, and select Miscellaneous 2 from the Options dropdown
menu. In version 5.0 and higher, open Aloha Manager and select Maintenance/Store
Settings/Order Entry/Pizza.
4. In the Pizza drop-down list, select the pizza category created in Step 6.
5. In the Left Half and Right Half drop-down lists, select the left-half and right-half items created in
Step 1.
6. Refresh the system.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

Hey DTSMAN and thanks for the help!
Well i got it started, but my items are showing up with the default "wild turkey" bitmap for the button on FOH. This could possibly be because i have been setting every item i have made to the pizza category (as far as the crust, sizes, toppings) when possibly i just need to set the actual pizzas to the pizza category and nothing else.

Bout to fiddle around some more... just wanted to say thanks for the help.
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back