Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pixels burning into screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hello,

Can i render an image of 1024 x 768 (which takes my pc about 3 hours) without having pixels into my screen?
If not, how do i prevent that?

With any modern monitor buring images into your screen is not really a concern. They are built much better now and would take far longer than 3 hrs to have any effect on your screen. However if you are still worried you could always just shut the monitor off while it is rendering.

I had one picture that took 13 hours. Didn't burn into screen.
Should have turned the screen off... but never thought of it; just went to bed and left the program to run.

That had to be one whopper of a pic. Or a very slow computer. :)

Both. Screen size and 300dpi; PowerMac 7300/166. The latter is a bit quicker now, with a G3/500 processor now. And there were a lot of reflections... I wanted a print quality version as well as a desktop picture.

If you're serious about animation/rending with Bryce 5, use Bryce Lightning! Put the free network rendering client on any old cheap additional PC. That is by far greatest thing to happen to "affordable" 3D programs. Used to take all night to render short animations, now they're done in an hour. Stills, too. Can't beat extra firepower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back