Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PIX upgrading to 6.31

Status
Not open for further replies.

sghezzi

Technical User
Apr 7, 2003
DE
I have PIX 525 and I would like to upgrade from v. 6.1 to 6.31.

I have the following questions:

1- In loading the image from the tftp to flash I get the following error:

"WARNING: TFTP download incomplete!
Received 512 bytes.
No PIX image found in downloaded file.
Image not installed."

What does it mean?

2- How can I upgrade the PDM? I have now version 1.1, is this compatoble with PIX IOS 6.31?

3- Is this 6.31 stable? If I should downgrade back to v. 6.1 would be in trouble because I don't have the 6.1 image, where can I get it???

many thanks in advance

regards
Silvia

The error is because the PIX can't find a valid remote image. Make sure when you download from Cisco the image remains as a '.bin' file extension and that you have the correct path that that .bin file setup on your tftp server.

pdm v1.1 is not compatible with pix os 6.31. To upgrade PDM you must do a copy tftp flash:pdm -- take note the PDM version for pix os 6.3 is still in beta.

PIX OS 6.3 is still an ED release -- (Early Deployment) -- unless you require some of the features included in 6.3 you would be better off with the latest 6.2(x) for production use as it is a GD (General Deployment) release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back