Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pix Satisfaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
We are currently evaluating a vpn solution to replace out exising 56k WAN. I was wondering how happy others were with the Cisco PIX product, especially the 501 or 506.

We are looking at a device in this class and I would like some "real world" user feedback.

Thanks,

Shon Barrier
Support Coordinator
Stanly Memorial Hospital

Hi shon,

your solution with PIX 501 or PIX 506 is very nice. The pix series is a good product, very easy to upgrade or downgrade, you have a text configuration with command "show conf" and if you pix have a troobleshooting, you can cut & copy with a notepad directly on the pix. This is a good product.
With PDM version 2, you have really a GUI as Checkpoint, you can create object group and object host, you can monitoring cpu, vpn etc... This is a applet java (4 Mo) who are running under a pix.
I'm deploying 6 pix- 5 interfaces with many vpn, we have no problem, just somes rules not better defined.
If you have some questions ?
Best regards

Bordeau Jerome - France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back