Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PIX outside interface access through DSL modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cambo2k

MIS
Feb 7, 2001
CA
I would like to be able to SSH or open the PDM on a PIX 501 at a remote location. I can get this to work fine for a cable modem as the IP address is given to the external interface on the PIX. The issue with the DSL sites is that the DSL modem also assigns IP addresses. (192.168.2.10 for example). What I think i need to do is NAT the external address to that IP that the DSL modem is giving the external interface on the PIX.

Please let me know if you have any ideas, or if I am on the right track.

Thanks!

You can put you dsl modem into bridge mode and then set up the pix for PPOE. Most modems you can browse to and change them to bride mode just look at the default gate way of the outside interface.

Yes, you can log into the modem and go into advanced wan settings. There you'll find a drop down menu to put it into bridging mode.

Can I log into the modem from a remote location as long as i have remote access to the PC? or does the PC have to be directly connected to the DSL router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back