Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PIX failover problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTY

IS-IT--Management
Sep 26, 2002
FR
Hi,
My architecture:
2 PIX 535 in Lan failover enviroment + Stateful Failover.
Failover is properly configured and working.
Active/Passive is switching normaly when detecting a failure on any of the interfaces (inside or outside).
failover is switching also when detecting a reload on the primary/active unit.

The problem is:
When I try to shut down the primary/active unit failover doesn't switch automaticaly to the Standby unit...
To do that i have to pass the command "failover active" manually on the standby unit...
the failover poll interval is set to 3 seconds.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Hicham

Hi,

I have seen this with 6.2 of PIXos, to rectify I upgraded to 6.3 even though Cisco claim that there are no differences with the two.

If this doesnt resolve your problem, I would submit a case to cisco tac. A workaround is a quick script that calls the "no failover active" command on the active unit or the reverse on the standby.

Cheers, Andy

Andy Simpson CNE, MCSE, CCA, CCNA

I'm not planning tu upgrade to PIX 6.3, how can i make this script?
thanks andy

HTY

An example is below, the scenario i would use it is with SecureCRT ( I would adjust the delays to your situation after testing...

failover.scr:
label loop
sendcr no failover active
delay 5 sec
sendcr reload
delay 60 sec
goto loop

Hope that helps,

Cheers, Andy

Andy Simpson CNE, MCSE, CCA, CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.