Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PIX-515E-R-DMZ-BUN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel2040

IS-IT--Management
Mar 28, 2008
GB
Hi,

We have currently 2 web servers and will be adding an additional 4. Does anyone know if PIX-515E-R-DMZ-BUN will be OK to run all 6 machines on DMZ interface? With dail in VPN's and 20 internal hosts.

Kind Regards,

Daniel.

Yes sorry i started a new post because my questions were moving away from the original thread subject.

We will have 4 remote VPN peers.

6 Web Server that need to be on DMZ.
And about 20 internal machines on the LAN.

Kind Regards,

Daniel.

If you got the 5505 with security plus you may be good to go. You would have up to 20 vlan interfaces, 25000 connections and 25 VPN sessions.

Whats even cooler is if you went with a 5510. This would be similar to a 515 somewhat. The plus is that you can add a Content or IPS module. Depends on what you need. You could always splurge and get a 5580. Maybe be overkill but you would be the envy of your friends although it may be hard to maintain your position when you cant justify the cost.

Really I think a 5505 would do it for you. May be limited by growth in the future depending on what your growth plans are. 5510 is the next step up. Check out the link below. Also on the main product page there are some videos that talk about the new features etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back