Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PIX 515, OWA and a Barracuda Firewall 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

razr

MIS
May 10, 2002
US
Hello Everyone

I am pretty lame with Cisco PIX. I have a problem with
users accessing email in OWA. Yes I recently messed with the PIX and I accidentally removed the Config statement for OWA...stupid me did't realize it to a few days later. I know its a static command. My Barracuda inspects all of the incoming mail and then directs it to the Exchange server. Now do I allow tcp to External IP of EXCH then to Internal Ip of Barracuda or to internal Ip of EXCH, of course also using Example. static (inside,outside) tcp OutsideIpExch 255.255.255.255 or static (inside,outside) tcp OutsideIpExch 255.255.255.255

Thanks for any and all help

In my opinion you will use the internal IP of Exchange as it's this box that services OWA. The Barracuda box sounds like it just intercepts SMTP and directing HTTP to it will probably bring up the Barracuda management interface and not OWA!

Hope this helps

Thanks KiscoKid

you were right on the money. I would have fixed that last night if I hadnt changed a setting in IIS manager, but I coreected that as well. My users have OWA again . Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back