Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PIX 501 VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanpaterson

IS-IT--Management
May 4, 2000
GB
Daft question, does anyone know how I get hold of client VPN software to connect to a PIX 501 I am going to try to set up?

Thanks

AP

From the home page @ cisco.com, log in using your CCO ID. Click on Technical Support, Software Center, VPN Software. Your choices will be on the next screen.

Hello,

Thanks for the link to the VPN client.

I have a question though. Is there an admins guide to installing the client on non technical users PC's?

I need to have users install a preconfigured VPN client on their home PC's. Is there a tool to do this?
I don't want them getting hung up with the installation.

Thanks in advance

Thanks, I don't see the options you do when I log into cisco.com, no mention of VPN software. I have emailed cisco to try and assist me.

Thanks for your help.

You need to click Login at the top-right corner of the window. Once logged-in, you'll be able to see vpn software on the appropriate page.

Its there. Follow what he wrote exactly.

Login your CCO and its there.

According to Cisco, I only have guest logon priviledges, and that I should forward on a contract number for further help. This is why I can't see that download section.

I was under the impression that the PIX 501 could be set up to do VPN without spending additional cash. Am I right in thining this? They haven't contacted me back as yet.

Starting to wish I'd bought the symantec one now. :(

If you have a contract number, you can register for a CCO ID. Right next to the login button, click on register. Enter the information. You'll then get an email link to confirm your registration. After that you'll be able to use your CCO ID to log on. It's a very simple process. But again, you'll need to have your contract number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back