Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pix 501 URL Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

xzafar

Technical User
Dec 25, 2006
GB
hello everyone,

i hope someone can help me here, i am trying to filter a web address how do i do this??

i dont even know how to setup url-server!!

please provide step by step. thanks

thanks

is there no one with an answer..

thanks

Do you want to stop access to the website?

If you dont have a 3rd party webfilter software ( like websense ) the url-server command wont help you.

either you restrict access to the website with accesslists.

Or if you have an internal dnsserver you can create a zone runescape.com and point the A record to a IP that doesnt exist.

yes i want to stop access to the website. how do i do it ACl?

Thanks

You need to find all the host IPs that runescape.com is on and block them with ACLs as boymarty24 says.

access-list outbound deny ip any host 80.64.4.171 (this is just one IP, I am sure there are others and you will need one line per IP.)
access-list outbound permit ip any any (so other traffic gets out.)

access-group outbound in interface inside

Brent
Systems Engineer / Consultant
CCNP, CCSP

you can do it a couple of ways, websense is really nice, but expensive, runescape like sites like myspace have many ip's so its a somewhat of a pain to make multiple entries to block them. internet explorer you can add it to restricted sites but that too doesnt always work. if you dont have many pc's i would do what boymarty said with the internal dns server or if you dont have one add and to each pc's host file with an ip of say 10.1.0.0, hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back