Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pix 501 firmware/software update

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerpatel

Technical User
Jun 14, 2005
Hi,

Can someone please help, i have a old fully working Cisco Pix firewall with the following firmaware/details

(Information from Help About Cisco Pix Firewall)
PIX Version 6.1(4)
PDM Version 1.1(2)
VPN-DES - enabled
VPN-3DES - disabled
Activation Key : very long key

I would like to know if anyone knows if it is possible for me to update the firmware and software, i have spent ages and cant find any downloads.

Also, what is the activation key used for ?

Its my first ever cisco device and finding its to be a real pain, any tip and advice would be great.

Thanks
Roger

The most current software for the PIX 501 is 6.3(5). There are no different feature sets for the PIX, the only additions are the licenses for features - i.e. number of inside hosts and whether 3DES is enabled. You can also install PIX PDM (PIX Device Manager) which is a Java based management tool for the PIX that allows you to manage it graphically via a browser.

You can't download PIX software without a valid CCO login that has download privileges.

HTH

Andy

Thanks Andy, great help, i wont waste time in trying to upgrade it anymore.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back