Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pivottable and invisible Calculated Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gauss

Programmer
May 1, 2002
DE
Hello!

I'm using a pivottable (Office 2000 Web Components) on a
VB-form.
Problem: All calculated members with a parent dimension
different from 'Measures' are invisible when I put the related dimension onto the row - or column-axis.
But it is possible to choose these calculated members, if
the related dimension is on the filter-axis.
Moreover I have no such problems when I use the AS cube-browser.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gauss

I'm having the same problem in Excel 2002. My PivotTable does not display calculated members that are associated with a non-measure dimension.

Does anyone know of a setting to correct this within Excel 2002 or within the SQL Server 2000 Analysis Manager.

Thanks.

Excel will only display Calculated Members that appear in the Measures Dimension. The OWCs are based upon the same funcionality as excel so it produces the same behavior.

I don't know of any workarounds other than using a reporting/query tool other than Excel.

PAul

Paul

I have run into this same problem and noticed that the end users were not able to see the calculated measure, but I could.

I am currently using a web tool I have developed to leverage the cube data with OWCs.

I think your issue is permissions on your cube. Make sure you have no permissions set for the UI. The analysis server's permissions are different from SQL's permissions, make sure you are part of the OLAP administrators group on your server. Setting a new Role on your cube should be helpful too.

That should correct your problem.

Bygs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back