Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pivot tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Programmer
Apr 25, 2001
AU
I am trying to use pivot tables to summarise data for a month's activity in an emergency department. When I produce a pivot table form from my query all is well until I try to use the same table for a different month when I get an error message saying that there is no soucre data for the table.

Is this the best approach to produce statistical summaries or should I try another approach - eg sorted reports? - or whatever.

I am pretty much an ameteur and can't use access basic - so a simple solution is required.

Thanks Winbar

I'm trying to figure this out myself. I've had to take an intermediate step and use a Make Table Query.

Did you find a more elegent way??

JS

How can you automate this within access. For example, push a command button and excel open with a chart in access from the query data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back