Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pivot Tables in WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dewald

Programmer
Mar 13, 2002
ZA
Hi there,

I really hope someone can help. I created a pivot table in Excel XP and published it to a webpage. The only people who can access this pivot table are the people with XP on their machines. Everyone else with an OS other than Windows XP (Win2K, ME, NT, Win98 and Win95) get the following message : ‘To use this Web page interactively, you must have Microsoft® Internet Explorer 4.01 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or later and the Microsoft Office XP Web Components. Click here to install the Office XP Web Components. See the Microsoft Office Web site for more information.

I then created a pivot table in Excel 2000 and published it to a webpage. Now everyone can access the pivot table except the people with Win XP on their machines.

Does anyone know what I can do so that ALL Operating Systems can access pivot tables on a webpage ?

Hope someone can help.

Thanx

Dewald

You need to install PTSfull.exe which is a Microsoft pivot table services update designed for SQL server 2000 but should help with your problem also. There is also PTSlite.exe which may be sufficient that is much smaller and I believe primarily updates Excel (but not sure on this). I would assume that both of these are availible on the microsoft web site and should allow for the XP version pivot to run on any machine.
The other thing is to check your Internet Explorer web services are up to date.

Hope this helps

How did it go?
I bet it wasn't a very big Pivot i.e. not many rows in the source

I'm really quite interested to know how you got on because I got the same kind of message...

Does anyone know the practical limits of HTML pivot tables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back