Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pivot Table Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyespi20

Technical User
Jan 14, 2004
US
I want to create a pivot table that summarizes (groups) data from detail and includes a Gross Profit formula for the last column. When I put that formula in the column on the detail side, the pivot table does ugly things with it and I don't get the correct value. Any ideas other than typing the formula in manually on the pivot table side? When I do that, whenever the data is refreshed, the formulas and formatting gets all hinked up.

Thanks (ps I know this isn't a VBA question, if I'm posting an inappropriate question, just ignore me, please).

Margaret

Dear Margeret

could you please be more exact about what "ugly things" means.

what do you mean by gross profit formula? is it just the sum???

regards Astrid

Ok, Gross Profit is a formula that is (Price-Cost)/Price.

It is not a sum.

When you include a formula in a pivot table, it acts on it just like it was a number (i.e. if the result of said formula is .39 and you have sum selected, it adds .39 up however many rows of detail you have, if you have average, then it averages that figure) which is not correct - I just need that formula with no action on it at all.

Thanks.

Margaret

Margaret,

In the PivotTable popup menu, there is a FORMULA selection.

Here's where you enter your formula.

Skip,

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Thanks, Skip! That was it! YEAH!!!!

Margaret

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back