Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pivot Table design grid does not open

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdttek

Technical User
May 8, 2002
US
Hi,
When I try to create a pivot table in Acess 2000, the pivot design window opens but there is no design grid. The "Add To" button is also greyed out. When I drag and drop fields, this just creates a new regular datasheet (no pivot). All Pivot Table Menu items are grey.
Does Pivot Table require a seperate install,add-in, or ActiveX registration? Using Access2000.

Thanks

JDTTEK

Did you ever get a solution for this issue? I am having the exact same problem with many of the users I support and am unable to find a fix - I did find through a lot of fruitless searching that this is a very common problem experienced by hundreds of people, but...

Anyway, any input would be greatly appreciated...

I finaly got a solution from Microsoft help desk !!!!

In my case it had to do with proper install and registration of Office Web Components during install and registration process. I registered by phone and apparently this causes a problem with the Web component install (???). They sent me a patch(OXPSP1) and it has worked like a charm ever since.

Here is their suggestion:

I believe that I have found a resolution for this. This maybe due to the way that your product was registered. We have seen issues where if you register your product over the phone, there are in some cases where the Office Web components do not get registered properly. This has since been resolved in SP1 for Office XP. I have included a link for the service pack below. Please try installing this and let me know if the options are still disabled.

Q307843 - OFFXP: Overview of the Office XP Service Pack 1
UNQUOTE

Hope this helps.

JDTTEK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back