Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PinOuts for a Japanese ISDN2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukhodwil

Technical User
Jan 11, 2007
GB
Do anyone know what the PINOUTS are used for Japanese ISDN2?

The standard PIN layout that we use in the UK doesn't seem to work.....

Also their ISDN2 looks weird, instead of getting a seperate box for each ISDN2, one little box has been provided for all three.
On this box there is then 3 RJ11 sockets for me to plug my ISDN devices into.....Again massively different from the UK

I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this to work.
HELP!

I have got the cable wired as I would do in the UK, however doesn't work still.

I thought it was a signalling issue and have changed the system from Alaw to Ulaw and doesn't make a difference either....

haha thanks amriddle01, i was hoping someone knew exactly the Pin Outs before i went down that route.....trying to avoid having to find somewhere and ask in Japanese for RJ11 ends (I only have a limited few in my bag to do a couple of combo's)

The RJ45 pinout for ISDN are just in two different ways;

NT (1on1);
1-1
2-2
3-3
4-4
5-5
6-6
7-7
8-8

TE(crossed. this is NOT like the crosscable);
1-1
2-2
3-4
4-3
5-6
6-5
7-7
8-8

For both, you can play with the TEI settings, default it's set to 0 but you can use 127 instead. This will not always turn on the light on the BRI like in the most countries.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

PS. seen this in Belgium also, they have NT boxes with a build ISDN > Analog converter. This might be your problem, it could be that's why you have RJ11 instead of RJ45.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Bas1234 - if it is some sort of Analogue to ISDN convertor, did you ever get it to work?

Sounds a little to similar for my liking as the box NTT provided has 3 ports (1 for each ISDN) and a port for the ADSL.....all provided on RJ11

I think they have the wrong box

the signal came into the box, the output was ISDN and 2x analog.

Isn't the another RJ45 jack? I bet if you put an Normal analog phone in the RJ11 then you get dial tone.

If you cannot bet a different box from the provider there, you need an ATM card in the AVAYA.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back