Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pincusion monitor image

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanSoft

Programmer
Nov 7, 2001
US
Recently, I booted my computer and the monitor image was very distorted. The edges were bowed in, and the horizontal size knob was non-operational. Neither problem was there when I last booted the computer. I am using an older monitor; it has 14.7" viewable area; instead of buttons, it has little knobs (that might give an idea of how old it is)

--Dan Hirsch
CEO of DanSoft

Oh yeah... I forgot to mention that I'm using a Matroc G450 DualHead video card and both W2K and Linux. The problem shows up in both. I have booted since and the problem showed up in text mode and when booting W2K and hibernating W2K. It worked fine in all three cases before.

--Dan Hirsch
CEO of DanSoft

when you change refresh rate or resolution your monitor often changes shapes. play around with these settings, they may have changed automatically.

also play around with your gpu's settings, like device adjustment etc.

I'll try that later. Thanks!

--Dan Hirsch
CEO of DanSoft

Check voltages in the monitor. Also vertical transformer.
i have had this problem in TV sets, Horizontal Oscillator was bad. Trouble is, could be electronic component bad also. Get out the old ohmeter-voltmeter check voltages and items in Horiz. Vert. Osc. circuit.

rayk7inm62@msn.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back