Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pin out required for ds1 ( with csu) to cisco 3845 T1/E1 gateway cabl

Status
Not open for further replies.

noidatech

Technical User
May 15, 2006
US
i need to connect a avaya ds1 ( TB 464F) to a cisco voice gateway 3845 and further to call manager 5.1

having issues with cable that i am connecting , does anyone know right pin out ...appreicaite if someone can send the right document

thanks in advance

If you have the Avaya CSU with the RJ45 on it then the standard T1 pinout should work. It is pins 1,2 and 4,5. You may need a crossover cable. That would be 1 to 4 and 2 to 5.

hey Kwing,

my cabling guy made a cable with the pin out you gave and its not working. He did made a pin out which is actually looping avaya ds1 and voice gateway controller card.

appreicate if you can provide more details, any document/diagram would be highly appreciated.

Haved you tried with just a straight thru Cat 5 data cable?

The way i make a crossover is
one ned is
white orange
orange
White green
Green
White blue
Blue
Green
White Brown
Brown

Then the other end will be
White blue
Blue
White Green
White Orange
Orange
Green
White Brown
brown.

Hope this gets you where you need to be.

Hey thanks,
the crossover cable finally worked. Intrestingly we didnt change anything. The only problem that i am facing is when i change the jumper to E1 (1 & 2 set to 32) the E1 is not coming up.

I just moved the jumpers from 24 to 32 and pluged back but the ds1 test shows 138 failing.

not sure if i am setting the jumpers correctly ? do i need to change jumpers littel diffrently.

is it possible to get a pic of ds1 board with right jumpers setting for E1

thanks

The #138 test failure relates to loss of signal on the trunk. If you are using E1 and not T1 your signalling may be incorrect. E1 uses channel 16 for signalling and the Cisco may not be using the corresponding channel at that end. Does the board channels show out of service far end or near end? Trying checking the signalling setup. Cheers...

Zarbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back