Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PIN Codes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPslug

IS-IT--Management
May 4, 2004
GB
HI

I am trying to setup PIN code's for customer's to enter when calling us. I have tried this using the check digits action in VMPro. This works ok for the first code but does not allow me to do a list of codes. Is this action designed for this or is there another way i can do this?

Thanks

for this function to work correctly you realy need to make use of the database integration of VM pro (another licence I am afraid)
The check digits action would only be usable with a very small number of customers befor it became imposible to manage

Hi Thanks for the reply,

If there was only two PIN codes and we were using the check digits action how can i set the action to look at the 2nd PIN number? At the moment the first check digit works fine for for the caller with that PIN but if the other caller rings and enters there PIN the 2nd check digits is not looked up! Any ides or is that where we need to use the database lookup?

Thanks

I have never actualy used this action but as far as I can see it only alows for one set of digits to be enterd
to make use of it for your 2 company setup I wousl sugets you insert a menu (1 for cust 1 2 for cuyst 2 etc.) befor linking to the check digits action.

The database integration is a more elagant solution, allowing for eaiser expansion & also the option to supply customers with specific information if correctly configured

You can test a variable, such as the $KEY dialed by the caller, as part of a condition. In this case it would need to be a complex condition using a lot of Compare functions and OR logic for which ever PINs are valid.

If you only have two PIN codes then use a menu action.
Put as a selection your two PINs using the green cross and add a $ choice ( = invalid input ).

If the outside caller is calling from the same number you can use CLI routing in the call route or the VMPro to send specific calls to different modules.

Hi,

Thanks for all the reply's the $ choice in the menu is best for us that was just what i was looking for.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back